Check my ink

CheckOutMyInk.com Banner #1

Friday, November 26, 2010

Tattoos my way "Body Art"

I love this topic. I can talk about it endlessly. I will be the guy throwing out advice and helping friends get and create a pattern that is deemed suitable for them. Yes, we are now in the domain of tattoos. 

I get these questions many many times:

i) Why do you want to do this ahhh????
ii) Not pain mehhh???
iii) Do you know what your tattoos mean or not ah (trying to take a jab at me)???

Sometimes I don't bother answering people as a minority are narrow-minded. However, the people usually will end up into 2 groups:

i) Wei, I want to do ahhh.....what to tattoo ahhhh???

ii) I think its stupid, only stupid people do it (you get my drift).




The practice of getting inked dates back a very long time. If  you'll probably want to do some research on this practice before getting inked yourself. What I do know is that most-tribal groups around the world has their own respective motifs and themes. To most of these tribes, getting a tattoo is usually reserved for the coming of age ceremony of a person. Of course, the more travelled or experienced you are, the more tattoos you have. Here is a fantastic resources on tattoos around the world on Wikipedia . 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment